Employment Opportunity – Building Code Consultant – Western Sydney Airport – Liverpool
Established in 1990, Philip Chun provide building code, accessibility and essential services consulting to the construction and development industry. Our staff consist of accredited Building Certifiers, Inspectors and Consultants, Airport Building Controllers, Access Consultants, Essential Services Consultants including Accredited Practitioners (Fire Safety) as well as established and professional support staff.
With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra, Philip Chun are one of Australia’s largest multi-disciplinary consulting companies
Our diverse range of projects spans the commercial, residential, health, education, industrial, government, retail, transport and public infrastructure sectors.
Philip Chun are also appointed as the Airport Building Controllers of the federally leased airports in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Australia Capital Territory.
Philip Chun are seeking multiple experienced Building Code Consultants to join our team located at Liverpool.
Reporting to the Airport Building Controller and working with a collaborative team, you will be working on one of Australia’s premier construction projects worth 11 Billion dollars and the only new airport project, the new Nancy Bird International Airport (Western Sydney Airport) located at Badgery’s Creek.
This role will allow you to establish yourself as part of a leading statutory authority consultancy working directly through Philip Chun, the Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development.
You will have an excellent knowledge of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) as well as proven prior experience in a wide variety of projects.
You must have the ability pass Federal Security clearance for this role.
- Carry out the day-to-day functions of a Building Code Consultant
- Assessing applications for and issuing Exemptions, Building Permits, Work Permits and Demolition Authorisations as required under Airports Axt 10996 And Airports (Building Control) Regulations 1998
- BCA assessment and reporting, including carrying out inspections of buildings
- Prepare and issue inspection reports
- Provides advice to applicants in a written and verbal consulting role
- Attends meetings, provide BCA compliance comments, advise on regulatory compliance matters and provide training on compliance in relation to the Airports Act & Building Control Regulations
- Assessment of performance-based solutions on all classes of buildings including liaising with fire safety engineers and Fire & Rescue NSW
- Flexibly adapts to a dynamic work environment as well as managing time to meet project budgets and time frames
Qualifications & Competencies
- Ideally accredited with Fair Trading in either Local Government or private sector as a:
- Building Surveyor – Unrestricted
- Restricted (all classes of building)
- Restricted (class 1 and 10)
- Or with relevant experience to seek accreditation as any of the above.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge and experience with all aspects of the EP&A Act and EP&A Regulations, BCA (Volume 1 and 2) including documents adopted by reference in the BCA such as Australian Standards with all aspects of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards. Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge of the Airports Act and Building Control Regulations
- Excellent management, organisational and communication skills
- Proven experience working across a diverse range of projects
- A desire to be part of our team including mentoring and training junior staff where relevant
- Ability to work collaboratively with government and airport stakeholders to meet their requirements and BCA regulations
- A thorough understanding of MS Office suite of products is required
- Prior experience with the below programs is preferred:
- Deltek Vision
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to a Police Check and must be an Australian Citizen to undergo the Baseline Security Clearance.
A salary package commensurate with prior experience is on offer for the suitable candidate.
Relevant industry memberships as well as training, seminars etc to maintain CPD are included.
Additional leave days between Christmas and New Year are also included.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com
Write a Comment