Employment Opportunity – Senior Access Consultant – Sydney CBD Office
Established in 1990, Philip Chun provides building code, accessibility and essential services consulting to the construction and development industry. Our staff consist of accredited Building Certifiers, Inspectors and Consultants, Airport Building Controllers, Access Consultants, Essential Services Consultants including Accredited Practitioners (Fire Safety) as well as established and professional support staff.
With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra, Philip Chun are one of Australia’s largest multi-disciplinary consulting companies
Our diverse range of projects spans the commercial, residential, health, education, industrial, government, retail, transport and public infrastructure sectors.
Philip Chun are seeking a Senior Access Consultant to join our team at our Sydney CBD office.
Reporting to the Associate and working with a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work on a comprehensive range of projects as the Access Consultant from project inception to completion. This role will allow you to establish yourself as a leading figure in the industry, developing professional relationships and building a strong client base. You will enjoy the benefit of not only improving your own knowledge base and experience but also being able to mentor and train the other Access staff in the team.
- DDA assessment and reporting throughout all design stages and the approvals process
- Carry out site inspections and building audits to a ensure work complies with relevant Acts, Standards and Codes as it relates to people with disabilities
- Liaise and negotiate with clients, relevant authorities and their consultants to achieve optimum outcomes
- Providing advice to clients in a comprehensive written and verbal consulting role on DDA issues
- Preparation of fees in accordance with company structure and client requirements
- Attend meetings and provide advice on regulatory compliance matters
- Peer reviews
- Management and mentoring of a small Sydney Access team, as well as contributing to the national Philip Chun Access team.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field
- Advanced knowledge of the DDA, BCA and relevant Australian Standards as well as an understanding of the principles of Universal Design
- Membership with the ACAA (accreditation will be highly regarded)
- A desire to be part of our team as well as the ability to mentor and train junior staff
- Ability to work collaboratively with the client to meet their requirements and DDA regulations
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities that benefit the business
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines
An attractive salary package and incentives commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Relevant industry memberships as well as training, seminars etc to maintain CPD (if applicable) are included.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com
Write a Comment