Senior Access Consultant – Philip Chun Accessibility - Sydney
Access Consultant – Philip Chun Accessibility
Established in 1990, Philip Chun provides building code, accessibility and essential services consulting to the construction and development industry. Our staff consist of accredited Building Certifiers, Inspectors and Consultants, Airport Building Controllers, Access Consultants, Essential Services Consultants including Accredited Practitioners (Fire Safety) as well as established and professional support staff.
With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra, Philip Chun are one of Australia’s largest multi-disciplinary consulting companies
Our diverse range of projects spans the commercial, residential, health, education, industrial, government, retail, transport and public infrastructure sectors.
Philip Chun are seeking a Senior Access Consultant to join our team at our Sydney CBD office.
Reporting to the Associate and working with a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work on a comprehensive range of projects as the Access Consultant from project inception to completion. This role will allow you to establish yourself as a leading figure in the industry, developing professional relationships and building a strong client base. You will enjoy the benefit of not only improving your own knowledge base and experience but also being able to mentor and train the other Access staff in the team.
- DDA assessment and reporting throughout all design stages and the approvals process
- Carry out site inspections and building audits to a ensure work complies with relevant Acts, Standards and Codes as it relates to people with disabilities
- Liaise and negotiate with clients, relevant authorities and their consultants to achieve optimum outcomes
- Providing advice to clients in a comprehensive written and verbal consulting role on DDA issues
- Preparation of fees in accordance with company structure and client requirements
- Attend meetings and provide advice on regulatory compliance matters
- Peer reviews
- Management and mentoring of a small Sydney Access team, as well as contributing to the national Philip Chun Access team.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field
- Advanced knowledge of the DDA, BCA and relevant Australian Standards as well as an understanding of the principles of Universal Design
- Membership with the ACAA (accreditation will be highly regarded)
- A desire to be part of our team as well as the ability to mentor and train junior staff
- Ability to work collaboratively with the client to meet their requirements and DDA regulations
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities that benefit the business
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines
An attractive salary package and incentives commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Relevant industry memberships as well as training, seminars etc to maintain CPD (if applicable) are included.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com
Building Surveyor (Limited / Unlimited) - Melbourne Airport Office
Philip Chun is a multi-disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code and accessibility consulting services to the construction and development industry.
An opportunity exists for a Building Surveyor in our Melbourne Airport office. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Registration as an Accredited Building Surveyor / Inspector (Limited / Unlimited), however candidates near to registration will be considered.
- Commercial building surveying experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the Building Act 1993, Building Regulations 2018, Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Possess a current driving licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- BCA assessment and reporting, including carrying out inspections of buildings.
- Attend design meetings and provide regulatory advice.
- Assessment of fire engineering analysis.
- Auditing of buildings / enforcement.
An attractive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please note the successful applicant will be subject to a Police Check and must be an Australian citizen to undergo the Baseline Security Clearance process.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administration Officer – Brisbane Airport
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Administration Officer with exceptional customer service skills to join our Brisbane team based at Brisbane Airport.
This is a permanent, fixed term position. 5 days per week, standard business hours concluding on 30 June 2023. There is possibility for a four-year extension which will be confirmed in 2023.
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- You must be an Australian Citizen
- The successful applicant will be subject to and must pass a Commonwealth Government Baseline security clearance process incorporating a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History check
- Prior experience in an administration role
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- The ability to work within a highly motivated team of consultants
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask to ensure deadlines are met
- Computer and keyboard skills and fully competent in the use of the Microsoft Office package including Outlook
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to take on new tasks with a willingness to learn
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- General office duties such as phone management, filing, banking, photocopying etc
- Preparing, receiving, and collating all forms of correspondence
- Data entry and database management
- Fortnightly/monthly reporting
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Adhoc duties as required
Please email your resume with a COVER LETTER outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com