Employment Opportunity – Senior Building Code Consultant – Kingsford Smith Airport MASCOT
Established in 1990, Philip Chun provides building code, accessibility and essential services consulting to the construction and development industry. Our staff consist of accredited Building Certifiers, Inspectors and Consultants, Airport Building Controllers, Access Consultants, Essential Services Consultants including Accredited Practitioners (Fire Safety) as well as established and professional support staff.
With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra, Philip Chun are one of Australia’s largest multi-disciplinary consulting companies
Our diverse range of projects spans the commercial, residential, health, education, industrial, government, retail, transport and public infrastructure sectors.
Philip Chun are seeking an experienced Building Code Consultant to join our team located at Kingsford Smith Airport at Mascot.
Reporting to an Airport Building Controller, and working with a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work on all Building Approvals at Kingsford Smith Airport from project inception to completion. You will enjoy the benefit of not only improving your own knowledge base and experience but also be mentored by some of the longest standing and most experienced private certifiers in Australia.
- Carry out the day-to-day functions of a Building Code Consultant.
- Assessing applications for and issuing Exemptions, Building Permits, Work Permits and Demolition Authorisations as required under Airports Act 10996 And Airports (Building Control) Regulations 1998.
- BCA assessment and reporting, including carrying out inspections of buildings.
- Provides advice to applicants in a written and verbal consulting role.
- Attends meetings, provide BCA compliance comments, advise on regulatory compliance matters and provide training on compliance in relation to the Airports Act & Building Control Regulations.
- Assessment of performance-based solutions on all classes of buildings including liaising with fire safety engineers and Fire & Rescue NSW.
- Flexibly adapts to a dynamic work environment as well as managing time to meet project budgets and time frames.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Building Code Consultant or Accredited Certifier in either Local Government or private sector.
- Tertiary Qualifications in relevant field
- Thorough knowledge and experience with all aspects of the EP&A Act and EP&A Regulations, BCA (Volume 1 and 2) including documents adopted by reference in the BCA such as Australian Standards with all aspects of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards. Preference will be given to Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Prior experience working across a diverse range of projects will be highly regarded
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients to meet their requirements and BCA regulations
Please note the successful applicant will be subject to a Police Check and must be an Australian citizen to undergo the Baseline Security Clearance process.
An attractive salary package commensurate with experience is on offer for the suitable candidate.
Relevant industry memberships as well as training, seminars etc to maintain CPD are included.
Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year is available to all permanent staff members.
PHILIP CHUN BUILDING CODE