Employment Opportunity – Senior Building Code Consultant (Building Surveyor – Unrestricted) – Sydney CBD Office
Established in 1990, Philip Chun provides building code, accessibility and essential services consulting to the construction and development industry. Our staff consist of accredited Building Certifiers, Inspectors and Consultants, Airport Building Controllers, Access Consultants, Essential Services Consultants including Accredited Practitioners (Fire Safety) as well as established and professional support staff.
With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra, Philip Chun are one of Australia’s largest multi-disciplinary consulting companies
Our diverse range of projects spans the commercial, residential, health, education, industrial, government, retail, transport and public infrastructure sectors.
Philip Chun are seeking experienced Building Surveyor’s – Unrestricted (previously A1) to join our team in our Sydney CBD office located at Australia Square.
Reporting to an Associate and working with a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work on a comprehensive range of projects as either the Principal Registered Certifier or BCA Consultant from project inception to completion. This role will allow you to establish yourself as a leading figure in the industry, developing professional relationships and building a strong client base. You will enjoy the benefit of not only improving your own knowledge base and experience but also being able to mentor and train junior staff in the team.
- Carry out the day-to-day functions of a Principal Registered Certifier
- Assessing applications for and issuing Complying Development Certificates, Construction Certificates, Occupation Certificates and Crown Certification under the relevant Legislation
- BCA assessment and reporting
- Carrying out inspections and auditing of new and existing buildings
- Assessment of performance-based solutions on all classes of buildings including liaising with fire safety engineers and Fire & Rescue NSW
- Providing advice to clients in a comprehensive written and verbal consulting role
- Preparation of fees in accordance with company structure and client requirements
- Attend meetings and provide advice on regulatory compliance matters
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities that benefit the business
Qualifications & Competencies
- Registration as a Building Surveyor – Unrestricted with a minimum of 3 years experience at this accreditation level.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of the EP&A Act and EP&A Regulations, BCA (Volume 1 and 2) including documents adopted by reference in the BCA including relevant Australian Standards
- Superior organisational and communication skills
- Proven experience working across a diverse range of projects
- A desire to be part of our team including mentoring and training junior staff
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients to meet their requirements and BCA regulations
A salary package of up to $220K including a bonus structure is on offer for the suitable candidate.
Relevant industry memberships including training, seminars etc to maintain CPD are also included.
Flexible working arrangements are available for the successful candidate.
To apply for this role, please email you cover letter and CV to email@example.com