Employment Opportunity – Building Surveyor / Certifier – Brisbane CBD
Philip Chun is a leading multi – disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code, accessibility, fire and life safety consulting services to the construction and development industry.
We currently have a position available for a Building Surveyor / Certifier in our Brisbane Office.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience applying the Building Code of Australia and Queensland Development Code.
- Solid understanding of planning Act 2016 and Building Act 1975 processes for certification in Queensland.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage the compliance process for complex class 2-9 buildings.
- Excellent interpersonal written communication and problem-solving skills.
- A long-term interest in contributing to, and promoting, this critical role in the construction industry.
- A desire to work as a part of a busy team in dynamic team environment.
To be considered to this position you must possess:
- A minimum 3-5 year’s Commercial Experience as a Building Regulation Consultant or Accredited Certifier in either the Local Government or private sector.
- Registration as an Accredited Building Certifier – Building Surveying Grade 1. However consideration will be given to candidates who are close to achieving registration.
- Demonstrated experience in certification work for a variety of class 2-9 building projects.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- The ability to work within a highly motivated team of consultants.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Membership or eligibility for membership with AIBS.
- Computer and keyboard skills with knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Open Driver’s Licence.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the day-to-day functions/role of a level 1 Building Certifier.
- Prepare and issue inspection reports.
- Assessing applications and issuing the Building Development Approval and Certificate of Occupancy.
- BCA assessment and reporting, including carrying out inspections of building.
- Written and verbal advice to clients in a consulting role.
- Provision of preliminary and concept stage compliance advice.
- Assessment of performance-based solutions a on all classes of buildings including liaising with fire safety engineers and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services.
- Auditing of buildings.
- Mentoring of cadet Building Surveyors.
An attractive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please email your resume with a COVER LETTER outlining your suitability for the role to Brisbane@philipchun.com