Employment Opportunity – Cadet Building Surveyor – Perth
Cadet Building Surveyor – Perth
Philip Chun is a multi-disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code, accessibility, fire and life safety consulting services to the construction and development industry.
We currently have a position available for a Cadet Building Surveyor in our Perth office.
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Strong ability to read, interpret and write technical reports.
- The ability to work within a highly motivated team of consultants.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Computer and keyboard skills with knowledge and understanding of Microsoft software.
- Open Driver’s License.
- Australian Citizenship.
- A commitment to either commence or continue a Bachelor of Building Surveying or equivalent tertiary course of study.
Experience or knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and Western Australian Building legislation will be viewed favourably.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diligently undertake an approved course of tertiary studies that will provide a Building Surveying degree qualification.
- Progressively acquire knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and other legislation relative to building development.
- Progressively acquire those skills necessary to assist in the assessment, approval, inspection and certification of building work under the Western Australian Building Act and Building Regulations.
- Client liaison, problem solving and technical/project management of projects.
- Undertake other building surveying and regulatory duties to support senior staff.
For the successful candidate, Philip Chun will provide:
- Mentoring and training from senior staff.
- A contribution to tertiary education fees.
- A supportive, friendly environment.
Please email your resume with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 21 January 2022