Employment Opportunity – Cadet Building Surveyor – Brisbane
Philip Chun is a multi-disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code, accessibility, fire and life safety consulting services to the construction and development industry.
We currently have a position available for a Cadet Building Surveyor in our Brisbane office.
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Strong ability to read, interpret and write technical reports.
- The ability to work within a highly motivated team of consultants.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Computer and keyboard skills with knowledge and understanding of Microsoft software.
- Open Driver’s License.
- Australian Citizenship.
- A commitment to either commence or continue a Bachelor of Building Surveying or equivalent tertiary course of study.
Experience or knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and Queensland Building legislation will be viewed favourably.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diligently undertake an approved course of tertiary studies that will provide a Building Surveying degree qualification.
- Progressively acquire knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and other legislation relative to building development.
- Progressively acquire those skills necessary to assist in the assessment, approval, inspection and certification of building development under the Queensland Building Act.
- Client liaison, problem solving and technical/project management of projects.
- Undertake other building surveying and regulatory duties to support senior staff.
For the successful candidate, Philip Chun will provide:
- Mentoring and training from senior staff.
- A contribution to tertiary education fees.
- A supportive, friendly environment.
Please email your resume with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 17 August 2021