Senior Building Code Consultant – Sydney
Philip Chun is a multi-disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code, accessibility, fire and life safety consulting services to the construction and development industry.
We currently have a position available for a Senior Building Code Consultants in our Artarmon office. This is a full-time role with an immediate start date.
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- Between 3 and 5+ years experience practical experience as a Building Regulations Consultant or Accredited Certifier as required in either Local Government or private sector.
- Ideally registration as an Accredited Building Certifier – Building Surveying Grade 2, however consideration will be given to candidates near to registration.
- Preference is for an applicant who possesses good demonstrated experience in completing certification work for a variety of class 2-9 building projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field. Consideration will be given to those currently studying.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- The ability to work within a highly motivated team of consultants.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Computer and keyboard skills with knowledge and understanding of Microsoft software.
- Drivers License.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the day to day functions/role of an Accredited Certifier and Principle Certifying Authority.
- Prepare and issue inspection reports
- Assessing application and issuing Part 4A Certificates as required under the EP&A Act and Regulations.
- BCA assessment and reporting, including carrying out inspections of buildings.
- Advice to clients in a written and verbal consulting role
- Assessment of performance based solutions on all classes of buildings including liaising with fire safety engineers and Fire & Rescue NSW.
- Auditing of buildings.
An attractive salary package and incentives commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please send you application with a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com