Senior Building Surveyor (Limited / Unlimited) – Melbourne Airport
Philip Chun is a multi-disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code and accessibility consulting services to the construction and development industry.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Building Surveyor in our Melbourne Airport office. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Registration as an Accredited Building Surveyor / Inspector (Limited / Unlimited), however candidates near to registration will be considered.
- Experience with all aspects of the Building Act 1993, Building Regulations 2018, Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- BCA assessment and reporting, including carrying out inspections of buildings.
- Attend design meetings and provide regulatory advice.
- Assessment of fire engineering analysis.
- Auditing of buildings / enforcement.
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff.
An attractive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please submit your resume with a COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2020.
Technical Assistant / Administration / Building Surveying Office | Canberra Office – Philip Chun BC VIC Pty Ltd
Work Type: Full time with immediate start
Salary Range: A salary package will be negotiated dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Philip Chun BC VIC Pty Ltd are a private building surveying firm specialising in assessing both residential and commercial buildings, which was established in 1990. We have a strong focus on efficiency and customer services and due to the growth of the company we have an opportunity for a self-motivated and ambitious individual with a friendly personality to join our team and provide support in various administrative duties.
Working in a support role assisting our Senior Building Surveyor and Airport Building Controller you will be responsible but not limited to the following tasks:
- Provide administration support and maintain the smooth running of day to day office activities;
- Data entry, including registration of new projects, preparing building permits and occupancy permits;
- Process applications including file creation, covering letters, property information requests etc;
- Answer telephones, general customer service and client liaison;
The successful applicant must display the following to be considered for this role:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well developed time management, organisational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office;
- Ability to complete tasks within designated time frame and prioritise accordingly;
- Ability to work autonomously and self motivate, whilst also being a team player;
- Maintain a positive attitude to work;
- Previous experience in a Building Surveying / Engineering / Local Government Office would be highly advantageous.
- Ongoing job training and support;
- Positive and friendly working environment;
If you are interested in joining a fun and friendly team please forward your CV and cover letter to Karen Langton email@example.com